Help us SAVE Summer for 30 homeless children!
For many homeless and disadvantaged children in Dallas, summer is a time of isolation, stress and academic regression. While children may enjoy being outside of the classroom for the summer months, it is vital to their future success that they continue their academic gains while on summer break. Through, Socialization, Academic Advancement, Volunteer Opportunities, and Exploration, Interfaith is able to SAVE Summer by giving homeless youth a summer to remember.
Why it is important to SAVE Summer?
- Socialization. Many impoverished children spend the summer alone behind closed doors while their parents are working. However, Interfaith’s FREE summer program provides fun and educational programs Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Academic Advancement. Summer learning loss is a phenomenon that detrimentally impacts many low-income students. However, our summer program encourages reading and also provides personal tutoring in reading and math.
- Volunteer Opportunities. Students who perform voluntary community service are nearly 20% more likely to graduate from college than those who do not (Dávila & Mora, 2007). Each child in Interfaith’s program will also volunteer and learn that they too have a responsibility to build our community.
- Exploration A visit to a museum can have a 20% higher information retention rate than if the same material was taught in a classroom (Harvard, 2011). Interfaith’s students will have an average of five field trips this summer ranging from museums visits, a college tour for teens, away-camps, and Vacation Bible School classes.
Three ways to get involved!
- Become a Lead Donor. Assemble a team to sponsor a child’s summer experience, for more information please email Ester Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. MEET THE KIDS!
- Join an existing sponsorship team. If you received an email or post from a friend, click here to donate.
- Donate directly at one of the following levels:
Please help us make this summer a life-changing adventure for our children!
For more information about our SAVE Summer program, please contact Ester Harrison, Senior Development Manager, at email@example.com or (469)828-1806.